Set of calibration blocks KSO-2 is intended for operation with general-purpose ultrasonic flaw detectors with straight-beam and double crystal probes.
Calibration blocks allow to measure the following flaw detector parameters, operating in a range 1 to 10 MHz with straight-beam single-crystal and double-crystal piezoelectric probes:
- Deviation of conditional sensitivity by the effective reflector parameter by the occurrence depth from the nominal;
- acceptance sensitivity by the reflector effective parameter;
- “Dead zone”;
- depth-gauge error;
- flaw detector frequency, MHz;
- testing area range by distance;
- сonditional resolution capability by the occurrence depth and edge.
Calibration blocks made of D16 aluminium alloy bars, in hardened and naturally aged D16T aluminum. Calibration block is presented in a form of straight cylinder (see Figure), limited with two flat surfaces: operational (b) and bearing (A). From the bearing surface side there is a blind plain bore with a flat bottom (flat bottom reflector) (С).