The UTG-8 is a precision Ultrasonic thickness gauge. Based on the same operating principles as SONAR, the UTG-8 is capable of measuring the thickness of various materials with accuracy as high as ± 0.001 inches, or ±0.01 millimeters.
The principal advantage of ultrasonic measurement over traditional methods is that ultrasonic measurements can be performed with access to only one side of the material being measured.
- Plastic case;
- Size - 125 W x 70 H x 35 D mm. This is a small-sized portable thickness gauge, which operates on three "AAA" batteries (alkaline) for 200 hours;
- Compact for transportation and operation;
- Warranty - 18 months.
- Corrosion & Pitting, Tube & Pipe, Tanks, Boilers, Glass, Various Applications.
- Weight: 176 g.
- Size - 125 W x 70 H x 35 D mm.
- Operating Temperature - 20 to 50 °C.
- Case - Plastic.
- Sealed membrane, resistant to water and petroleum products.
- Three “AAA” size, 1.5 volt alkaline or 1.2 volt NiCad cells. 200 hours.
- typical operating time on alkaline, 120 hours on NiCad.
- FSNT/POSITIVE Liquid-Crystal-Display, size 30 mm (Height) x 25 mm (Width).
- Range: 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.6 to 500 millimeters).
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter).
- Accuracy: ±0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter), depends on material and conditions.
- Sound Velocity Range: 0.0492 to 0.3930 in/ms (1250 to 10000m/s).